My sister’s birthday was yesterday, and I decided to make some Oreo Truffles as a little gift to her. I always bake with my niece Khloe (not the box stuff either lol) – from scratch, we get down and dirty in the kitchen! Anyway, during my first session of summer school a classmate made these yummy little chocolatey morsels and I wanted to make some of my own. Surprisingly, the recipe is super easy and quick to make!
I used one of my favorite sites Chef In Training, my guilty pleasure outside of Pinterest.
- 1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, you may add up to 8 oz, I just like the consistency best with 4 oz.
- Dipping Chocolate, almond bark is my favorite because it hardens faster and quicker and doesn’t melt as easy as chocolate chips after it sets up. < I used Baker’s Semi-sweet baking chocolate.
- Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor. Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside. You don’t need too much. < I don’t have a food processor, so I had to do it old school, and crush it with a potato masher and to get it even more fine I used my fingers. My fingers still hurt!
2. With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
3. Roll into 1″ balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes. >> I rolled them and put them in cupcake wrappers, so it’s an easier way to serve.
I had a really funny video to show of my niece rolling the “spit balls” lol, but for some reason I can’t post it.
4. While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
5. Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
6. Let chocolate set and enjoy!
I suggest you try this quick & easy recipe, it’s so rich that you will only need one!
bisous, Bree ❤